[ad_1]

The National Testing Agency (NTA) is likely to begin the registration process for UGC NET June 2024 in the next week. Once activated, interested and eligible candidates can apply for the University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) from the official website at ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
UGC Chairman M. Jagadesh Kumar revealed the registration commencement date on X (formerly Twitter).He stated, “NTA is working on launching the NET application process for June 2024 session sometime next week.”

Based on past trends, candidates can review what qualifications they’ll need, the format of the exam, and other important information about UGC NET. But it’s recommended that candidates double-check these details when the UGC NET June 2024 notification is released, expected in the next week.

Age Limit

JRF: Applicants must not be more than 30 years old as on 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded
Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.

Mode of Examination

The Examination will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only.

Pattern of Examination

The test will have two parts. Each part will include multiple-choice questions where you choose the correct answer. There won’t be any breaks between the two parts.
Paper I: 50 Questions for 100 Marks – The questions in Paper I intend to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading
comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the Candidate.
Paper II: 100 Questions for 200 Marks – This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.
Note: The exam will be conducted for 03 hours (180 minutes) without any break

Marking Scheme

(a) Each question is worth 2 marks.
(b) If you answer a question correctly, you’ll get 2 marks.
(c) You won’t lose any marks for answering a question incorrectly.
(d) If you don’t answer a question or choose to skip it, you won’t get any marks.
(e) To answer a question, pick the option you think is correct.
(f) If a question is wrong or unclear, only those who tried to answer it and picked one of the right answers will get credit.
(g) If a question is wrong and gets removed, those who tried to answer it will still get 2 marks. This could happen because of mistakes by people or technology. Since there are no penalties for wrong answers, pick the option you think is closest to being correct.

NET Score for PhD Admissions

Starting in June 2024, UGC NET passed candidates will fall into three groups: those who can pursue a PhD with JRF and become assistant professors, those who can pursue a PhD without JRF but still become assistant professors, and those who can only enter a PhD program. For PhD admissions through NET, candidates in the second and third groups will have 70% of their merit determined by their UGC NET scores, with the remaining 30% coming from interviews. This rule applies to both groups, and their NET scores will be valid for one year.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *